Blinded by robber, Bodi expected to survive | Crime
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Bodi, the Montgomery Police Department K9 who was shot multiple times on Wednesday by a robbery suspect will pull through, according to MPD. However, he is now blind.
Bodi was wounded Wednesday after he tracked down an armed robbery suspect. When the suspect attempted to flee, Bodi involved the suspect who then fired multiple shots at the dog. The dog remained attached to the suspect in an attempt to protect his handler. He was shot multiple times including at least once in the face.
According to the Montgomery Police Department, Bodi has lost one eye and has been blinded in the other eye as a result of his injuries. The 11-year-old German Shepherd is expected to recover and will be honorably retired from police service. He will continue to live with his MPD partner and family.
More information will be provided on Bodi in a news conference to be held later today.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- Father Purcell Memorial Exceptional Children's Center
- 3 arrested in connection with Montgomery's 23rd homicide of 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation