Montgomery Fire and Rescue to pay tribute to 9/11 first responders who perished | Community Spirit
On Tuesday, Sept. 11, Montgomery Fire and Rescue will honor the 343 firefighters and 60 police officers who lost their lives in the line of duty on Sept. 11, 2001.
Each fire station will host a brief ceremony at 8:45 a.m., with firefighters assembled in front of the flag pole at each station. Administrative staff and other city workers will gather for the ceremony at Station 3, 4110 Carmichael Road. Flags at all fire stations will be lowered and remain at half-staff until 8 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12.
Information Source: Montgomery Department of Public Safety
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City to Participate in 2013 “Back to School” Sales Tax Holiday
- Prattville hosting Fountain City BMX race June 23rd
- City Announces Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of Splash Pad
- New 70 hour per week restriction to hit 18-wheeler drivers on July 1
- Arrest made in Prattville police chase that involved officer car crash