ASU is offering free tax preparation service | Community Spirit
Alabama State University is offering free tax assistance to those who need help preparing their tax returns. In order to qualify, one must either be an ASU student OR a resident of Montgomery who made $50,000 or less in 2011.
Tax preparers will be available on Saturday, March 24th from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. in rooms 111 and 112 in the ASU College of Business Administration building, located at North University Drive.
This service will be available every Saturday through April 15th and appointments are not needed.
Eligible taxpayers must bring the following materials:
- A picture identification and Social Security card
- Birth certificates for all dependents and their Social Security card
- All wage and earning statements, including W-2.
- A copy of last year's state and federal return
For additional information on the free tax service, contact Dr. Dave Thompson, director of ASU's Master of Accountancy program, at 334-229-4134, or Walter Montgomery, assistant professor of Accounting, at 334-229-6807.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Develop nerves of steel with Kevin Elko on May 29
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office now accepting applications for Citizens Police Academy
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Prattville draft beer legislation waits for bill's signature
- Autauga County search linked to Prattville police chase
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!