Jackson Hospital begins posting ER wait times online | Business
Jackson Hospital says it now posts wait times for the emergency room on its website, www.jackson.org. Officials say the new feature allows the public to view the approximate wait time once the patient goes through the registration process.
“I feel it is very important that Jackson Hospital be friendly and transparent in our emergency department operations,” says CEO Don Henderson. “Updating the ‘time to emergency medical provider’ in real-time on our website gives area residents another tool to evaluate our performance, and to help them make the best choice when they need emergency care.”
ER wait times may change very quickly depending on patients arriving by ambulance or with life-threatening injuries or illnesses. All patients are evaluated by a nurse upon arrival. Patients with life-threatening conditions will be seen before those with less serious problems or ailments.
Jackson Hospital ER wait times represent the average estimated length of time from registration to being assigned to a doctor, nurse practitioner or physician assistant. The wait times are averaged over the past four hours and are refreshed at least every hour.
When is it time to go to the ER?
These symptoms warrant an immediate trip to the ER by ambulance:
• Chest pain.
• Pain in the left arm, neck and jaw.
• Shortness of breath.
• Sudden-onset headache that can be described as “the worst headache of your life.”
• Weakness on one side of your body or face or weakness in one arm or leg.
• Slurred speech.
• Bleeding from a cut that will not stop with applied pressure.
• Vomiting blood or finding bright red blood in your bowel movements.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Club Blaze's license revoked by the Montgomery City Council
- Legislature passes bill granting in-state tuition to armed forces members
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation