Friends rescue boy who fell into churning creek near Brewbaker | Business
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A Montgomery boy has his friends to thank today for saving him from drowning.
According to the Montgomery Police Department, three 11-year-old boys were walking home from school near the Brewbaker Complex after they missed the bus when they attempted to cross a ditch with moving water. One of the boys lost his footing and fell into the water where he struggled to climb out.
One boy took off running back to school to call 9-1-1 for help. The boy on the bank was able to pull his friend toward a patch of debris in the ditch with a large branch which allowed his friend to get out of the water.
Police say the boy who fell into the water was not injured.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend shooting ends with Montgomery's 24th homicide of 2013
- Alabama woman sentenced to 4 years in prison in stolen identity refund fraud scheme
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Hosts Double Exhibition Opening on Friday, June 14, 2013
- Father Purcell Memorial Exceptional Children's Center
- 3 arrested in connection with Montgomery's 23rd homicide of 2013
- City of Prattville to Observe Memorial Day
- 3 old wooden bridges to be replaced in Autauga Co. at cost of $1.3 million
- City hosts 2nd Annual Memorial Day Fun Event - Pratt Pool Goes Retro for a Day!
- Man arrested after Prattville road rage leads to shooting
- Old Farm Lane in Prattville will be Closed Sunday for Utility Relocation