Van crashes into Auto Zone on Atlanta Hwy. in Montgomery | Business
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - In a story filled with irony, authorities are working the scene of a vehicle crash into a shop that specializes in vehicle repairs.
You've heard the slogan for the auto parts company that goes, "Get in the Zone. Auto Zone." A commuter in Montgomery put the slogan into action Monday afternoon when he crashed his van through the front of the parts store on Atlanta Highway near Federal Drive.
There were no injuries, but the inside of the store was demolished.
The driver said he was going to the store to get windshield wipers for his vehicle but says the brakes failed. Dark black tread marks are all that remains of the van's presence inside the store. Authorities quickly pulled the vehicle back through the gaping hole it made after jumping the curb.
The inside of the store is littered with overturned shelves that were thrown to the back walls. Numerous automotive products lay scattered across the floor.
An investigation is under way to determine the exact cause.
Copyright 2013 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school