Pike Road hosting 'Jazz on the Grass' Labor Day concert | Arts & Culture
WVAS-FM and the Alabama Jazz and Blues Federation will host the 7th annual Jazz on the Grass concert on Labor Day, Sept. 3. This musical event will be held from 11 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. at Rolling Hills Estate in the Town of Pike Road, Ala. Gates open at 10 a.m., and the public is invited.
“We are very excited about the Town of Pike Road and the Rolling Hills Homeowners Association hosting our event this year,” said Candy Capel, WVAS station manager.
“This location allows concert-goers to bring their chairs, blankets, coolers and umbrellas to a great family-friendly festival. And, you can even host your own mini-family reunion by buying a block of group tickets and pitching a tent for the day."
- Marcus Anderson (headliner - saxophonist)
- Reggie Hines (saxophonist)
- Jilla Webb (jazz vocalist)
- King Bee (blues)
- James “PJ” Spraggins (percussionist)
- Special Appearance by: Montgomery’s own Amon Robinson (saxophonist/keyboardist) with Wetumpka native and 2012 “American Idol” vocalist Brandon Cox
- Pre-concert entertainment by: The Montgomery Recreators (jazz & big band)
Tickets may be purchased from these locations:
- Pike Road Town Hall 334-272-9883
- The Butcher Shop (Pike Road) 334-649-4415
- Ted the Wine Guy on Zelda Road 334-395-9911
- Filet & Vine (Old Cloverdale) 334-262-8463
- Another Chance Package Store-Central Parkway 334-220-6301
- ITT Office, Maxwell Air Force Base 334-953-6351
- Calhoun Foods (Montgomery, on Fairview Ave. & at its Tuskegee location) 334-281-3956 or 334-727-3410
Ticket prices are $15 for advance day passes, $1 for children ages 12 and under, and $20 for all day-of-show tickets. No pets are allowed.
For more information, contact WVAS-FM 90.7 at 334-229-4708 or go to www.wvasfm.org.
Source: Alabama State University Office of Media Relations & Public Information