Writing, Winning and Giving! Montgomery Catholic Students Wins Essay Contest. |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School sixth grader Nicholas Brown won the city wide essay contest, "The Power of Pets" held by the Montgomery Humane Society. Nicholas entered the contest with an essay he wrote as an English assignment. He wrote about what his dog has taught him and how special his pet is to him. The Humane Society's Mary Hughes visited the MCPS St. Bede Campus on February 21 to present Nicholas with a medal and a check for $100. With a giving spirit, Nicholas graciously accepted the medal and refused the check. He asked that the Humane Society use the money to help feed the animals at the shelter. WOW! What a wonderful gift Nicholas gave, and what a wonderful example he is for all of us!
Nicholas is the son of Nick and Barbara Brown. He is a sixth grade student at Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School's St. Bede Campus, taught by Mrs. Lori Riggles.
Top Central Montgomery Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Make It an Artful Summer at the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts during Week-Long Art Camps
- Get your kids off the couch with AUM summer camps
- Montgomery County Clean-Up day and Memorial Day Observance this weekend in Pike Road
- Deck collapse underscores dangers of overcrowding
- Returning serviceman surprises his kids at school